Trip to Indiana

Monday, November 3, 2008

Indiana Trip

We went to Indiana to see the sights and to visit members and non-members who touched Travis' life during his mission. It was so great to stay with the Waltons and the Shroyers. I feel like I met my best friends. We were able to visit with the Roberts family and take a piece of their sweet family with me. We were also able to Meet Deborah in Muncie, Bob and Joyce Cunningham we had a lovely dinner with them, also visited with Bro and Sis Brackett. Dave and Travis went to a Colts game and had a great time together. We went to a transfer meeting and meet many Elders that serve there. We also had the great opportunity to visit with President and Sister Cory. What a wonderful Mission President he is. To know that he knew Travis personally was a great comfort to me. We also went to the speed way and that was so incredible. It is so big, and to see the old cars were awesome to me.

We also took a day and want to Navuoo and Carthage Jail. That was so awesome. The spirit was so strong and warm while there. I didn't want to leave the area at all. We were able to attend the Temple there. We had a wonderful week, in fact I wish that it would have been longer so that we could spend more time with the people that took great care of Travis. Not only have you touched Travis' (Elder Grondel) life you have touched our life forever.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love seeing all your pictures, and am so glad that you had such a great time. Come back whenever you can.

The Troxell's said...

I'm glad that you had fun. love you Mom

Chris said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!. Tell Travis to e-mail me 84-runner@live.com Hope everything is going well. hopefully Amanda and i will make it down ther soon.
Chris.

Unknown said...

Debbie-- Sounds like a fun trip. It was great talking to you today. As promised here is our blog: wwturners.blogspot.com

Love ya

Wendy

The Grondel Bunch

Graduation Day