Trip to Indiana

Monday, April 21, 2008



28 years have gone by since this picture. I love Dave more then I thought that I ever could. He is a hard working , quiet, gentle man. We have had a great marriage. The one thing that I appreciate the most is that Dave never wants to fight. Sometimes I think that it is good to get your feeling out but not him and it has taught me how to deal with things better. Dave has been a great listener and never complains when I am the screamer. We have a great family. 6 Children 2 wonderful Son in-laws and 3 Grand Children and 1 more on the way. Our challenges have made us stronger, although some challenges never seem to go away. We have enjoyed our Children so much but wish that I would have not taken the younger years for granted. We have enjoyed every swim meet, every band concert, every choir concert and every Baseball, Softball, Volleyball and Soccer game that we ever went to of the kids. We have rejoiced with them has they have completed there goals in school and in church. We have felt sad when they have been sad and happy when they are happy. Our Children have been our life and we are so thankful for such a beautiful family. One of the greatest moments or events in our life has been when 4 of our 6 children were in the Temple together. We wait to enjoy that moment again when the other 2 go to the Temple. We love it when our family comes together. The grand children are so wonderful. We can't wait to welcome another grandson into our family this year. Travis will be home soon from his mission and it has been a great blessing to have him out serving the Lord. We love him and we miss him and we know that what he is doing is the right thing. Soon Blayne will be graduating from High School and going on his mission. Each new event we get to experience is a blessing and we are thankful to have these blessings in our family. I am thankful for the last 28 years. If I had to do it over again the only thing I would change is that I would hug my Children A LOT more, and appreciated Dave more. Here's to more years ahead.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Good job! Congrats to the 82 I mean 28 years! We Love you!

Adele said...

Hey, Debbie - love it! I believe I remember that wedding....don't I? Ahhh, where do the years go? Congrats to you - love your blog! - Adele

The Troxell's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keli said...

Thanks for all you have done for us Mom and Dad. You have really made a huge difference in my life. There is a lot that I don't think I would have ever done if you wouldn't have been there for me. I love you. I am so glad that you have been doing the blog... It's so fun.

Gillitzer Family said...

Hi Debbie,
Love your blog here is my blog address: gmgillitzer.blogspot.com ..Michelle

The Grondel Bunch

Graduation Day